- Top 10-Inch Rough-in Toilets
- Things to Remember While Choosing the Best 10-inch Toilet
- Steps For Toilet Installation
- Facts to be Known for Installing 10-inch Toilets
- Top 10-Inch Rough-in Toilets Comparison Chart
- Wrapping up
Pick A Toilet may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Last Updated on August 4, 2022 by acechapman
Are you looking for the best toilet to fit in your compact bathroom? Do you want to know everything about the 10-inch rough-in toilet? This article will help you choose the best model for your bathroom. Not only to make the best use of less space but to raise the beauty with elegant bathroom accessories. The more compact bathroom needs to have a 10-inch rough-in toilet. Generally, the specifications observed to select a toilet are the bowl size, performance, flush rate, price, and waste removal efficiency. As well as the maintenance, the rough size is also a must factor to consider. Therefore, if you are thinking to renovate your bathroom, read the top models below to have the best piece. By the end of this article, we assure you that you would have made up your mind about the best one out.
Top 10-Inch Rough-in Toilets
1 – Toto 10-inch Rough-In Toilet
When choosing a toilet for your small-sized bathroom, you must buy the Toto 10-inch rough-in model. This two-piece system makes it easy for a plumber to install and is less bulky to hold. It works on a low consumption flush of 1.6 gallons per flush, letting you remain eco-friendly. With the help of G-Max flushing technology, this model ensures that the bowl is clean and removes all the solid particles in a single flush.
The tank holds less amount of water, making the system work properly for a long time. It has general height, which is comfortable for a person of any group to sit down and stand up off the seat. This toilet is equipped with an elongated bowl and tank. Thus, taking less space and leaving more to keep the elegance high.
The 10-inch rough-in is measured from the wall to the waste pipe, revealing that Toto offers the best toilet seat with all the inbuilt features. Apart from this, the stains and dirt particles remain intact on the seat if flushing is not done regularly. Therefore, it is recommended to scrub the bowl for detaching the solid particles from the bowl. Having all the necessary features and easy installation, this is the best model available at an affordable price.
2 – American Standard Two-Piece Toilet with 10-Inch Rough-In
The American Standard two-piece toilet is both elegant and superior in quality to be added to the bathroom. This is from the Cadet 3 series that is ADA compliant, having the right height for being seated on it comfortably. The elongated tank and bowl combination adds to the beauty, making it the first choice.
American Standard’s inner surface of the bowl has a special finishing on it that inhibits the growth of bacteria and odor-causing mildew and other agents. This EverClean technology helps in keeping the bathroom clean, well maintained and hygienic for every person in the house. The vitreous china construction of this system looks modern after installation. It is easy to clean and durable. You can measure the space in your bathroom as per its dimensions (28.5 x 17 x 30.2-inches) to ensure that this model will not take up much space.
It comes along with 10-inch rough in and makes efficient use of 1.6 gallons of water per flush. This eco-friendly product is better than the old models that consume more than 3 gallons of water in a flush. Also, it has a 3-inch flush valve which is chemical resistant and does not leak. However, one drawback that you may face is that this model does not include a seat. You will have to order one from any online market as per your requirement. Overall, its affordable price will fit your budget and provide all the required features.
3 – American Standard Round Front Toilet 10-inch
The American Standard toilet is engineered with the master design of the round front and 10-inch rough in size. Its combination of tank and bowl is at a universal height meeting the ADA rules and regulations. The interior and exterior are made up of vitreous china that is capable of restricting the growth of microbes and bacteria. Its EverClean surfacing inhibits the growth of odor-causing agents. Thus, keeping the seat clean and hygienic for you at all times.
While updating your bathroom to a modern look, this round front toilet is an ideal choice. Both round front and 10-inch rough-in will take much less space than other models with elongated front and 12-inch rough-in. Its 3-inch flush valve is chemically resistant and blows water into the bowl at high pressure. This model consumes 1.28 gallons of water per flush, keeping water utilization low. The WaterSense technology keeps the system eco-friendly in working and does not lead to wastage of water.
American Standard dimensions of this 10-inch rough-in toilet are 26.2 x 17 x 30.2-inches. This toilet makes it quite easy for the plumber to install it. The availability of two-piece as tank and bowl does not require an extra pair of hands to fix it. It does the job perfectly but one thing to take care of is that seat is not included with this purchase. This toilet’s affordable price will be within your budget so, do not miss out on this product.
4 – American Standard 10-inch Champion-4 Elongated Toilet
The 10-inch rough in Champion-4 elongated toilet is one of the best models of American Standard with a one-piece installation. Its elegant design and superior finish make it stand out from other systems as it surges the bathroom décor in a fraction of seconds. This toilet does not take much space and is comfortable enough for people of all age groups. Its EverClean feature hinders the growth of bacteria, microbes, and other odor-causing agents, making it last for a long time. This specification helps in keeping the bathroom clean and odor free. It leaves a modern touch on bathroom fixtures.
American Standard Champion 4 provides a clog-free performance and a powerful flushing system that does not lead to any water wastage. It consumes 1.6 gallons of water per flush that functions perfectly due to the natural force of gravity. The water enters the bowl at high pressure in order to clean the bowl in a single flush. All the solid particles and residuals get removed, keeping the inside of the bowl stain-free.
This toilet is engineered with 4-inch piston action that allows more water into the bowl and removes stains and streaks from the surface effectively. It serves a warranty period of ten years to help you with the repair of the tank and bowl. However, this one-piece system is a bit difficult to install because of its heavy weight and single-unit manufacturing. The price of this toilet is more than the traditional models that come in a two-piece frame.
Things to Remember While Choosing the Best 10-inch Toilet
If you are looking forward to upgrading your bathroom with a new toilet that is both efficient in performance and elegant in outlook, then you are at the right place to know more about the same. Generally, old houses, apartments, and small bathrooms have toilets with 10-inch rough-in as they take less space.
Before you install any of the toilets in your house, it is mandatory to measure the distance for a 10-inch toilet and then the plumber must be called for further procedure. It is important to carry out research for various models so as to buy the perfect piece. Therefore, the following features should be considered before buying the 10-inch rough-in toilet.
- Its distance is measured from the wall (not the molding) to the center of the outlet pipe. The measuring tape should be read at 10-inch or 12-inch for deciding the rough-in size.
- Several models come with water consumption of 1.28 gallons per flush which is more efficient than those consuming 1.6 gallons per flush.
- In terms of cost, the one-piece toilet is costlier than a two-piece model. Both the toilets come with 10-inch rough in size. But still, you must check the system as per your requirements and budget.
- In addition, the one-piece toilet is easy to clean as there are no extra attachments and curves. The bacteria and odor-causing pathogens get less space to reside, grow and spread infection.
- If the measuring tape reads near about 9.5-inch or 10.5-inch, then a round-off figure is considered which says 10-inch in both cases. Before inviting the plumber home and ordering the toilet, you must check the distance for the 10-inch rough-in size.
Steps For Toilet Installation
Such specifications related to type, size, and price will help you identify the suitable model for your bathroom. The cleaning and maintenance job should become easier with the installation of a new toilet. However, the following points need to be considered while installing one such model.
- While removing the old model, you must disconnect the line after stopping the water flow.
- Send out the water of the system by flushing a few times.
- Unscrew the bolts, remove them and then remove the seat cover.
- Remove the old toilet with somebody’s help.
- Now, attach the new seat and fix back the screws.
- Connect the water supply to check the flushing system.
- Send the water into the bowl by flushing it a few times.
- If it is successful, then the installation process is finished.
Facts to be Known for Installing 10-inch Toilets
Every bathroom needs an upgrade of toilets after a few years and at that time it must check some basic features while actually installing one. There is a need to spend more time and effort on selecting the best toilet that suits the bathroom and budget. One wrong toilet can compel you to pay more to your plumber or you may also have to order another product. Some important features such as rough-in dimension, flushing system, and even more must be checked before you buy a new toilet piece. The first and foremost thing to consider is the toilet’s rough-in aspect. The dimension measures the space from the finished wall to the middle of the sewer drain for the lavatory. Now, there is a need to keep the following points in mind before you buy a 10-inch rough-in toilet for your home.
- If you are changing a 12-inch rough-in toilet with a 10-inch rough-in, then kindly measure the distance between the wall and bolt caps. If there is hardly any space then you must re-think your decision, as 10-inch rough in will require a special flange for its installation.
- In the case of 10-inch toilets, the outlet opening is closer to the rear drop passage. It leads to a straight dropper of solid waste from rough into the drain, leading to fewer clogs.
- water-saving 10-inch toilets are smaller in size but sometimes they flush a lot of water. This goes against the water-saving capabilities of this model.
- Measurements should be done properly from the wall to the bolt caps in order to buy the right toilet piece for a congested or spacious bathroom.
- 10-inch rough in size is generally seen in old houses, apartments, and small bathrooms. These days, the standard models are engineered for 12-inch and 14-inch rough in size.
- The standard size is 12-inch therefore it would be correct to say that only small bathrooms must be equipped with 10-inch rough toilets. The old toilet systems are less functional in comparison to the modern and standard models.
These points are a must notice while installing a toilet with 10-inch rough in size. There are other features like bowl type, height, flushing rate, and performance than the rough in size to consider while shopping for a toilet. The size alone cannot be the deciding factor for your new buy, yet an idea is necessary to take to get the desired one. The list above with several models with 10-inch measurements will prove to be essential for you to get rid of tighter space and old models.
Top 10-Inch Rough-in Toilets Comparison Chart
|Toto 10 Inch Rough in Toilet||$$||1.6 GPF||Not Applicable||29 x 15 x 17.2 inches||Elongated||Cotton||Vitreous China|
|American Standard Two-Piece Toilet with 10-Inch Rough-In||$$$$||1.6 GPF||Not Applicable||28.5 x 17 x 30.2 inches||Elongated||WHITE||Vitreous China|
|American Standard Round Front Toilet with 10-Inch Rough-In||$$$||1.28 GPF||WaterSense||26.2 x 17 x 30.2 inches||Round||WHITE||Vitreous China|
|American Standard 10 inch rough-in Champion-4 Elongated Toilet||$$$$$||1.6 GPF||Not Applicable||29.8 x 17.8 x 28.1 inches||Elongated||WHITE||Porcelain|
It is time to upgrade your bathroom with something new and stylish toilet! When the toilets with 10-inch rough are available at reasonable prices, then you should surely welcome one in your small bathroom but only after measuring the space. The market is flooded with distinctive models and the best products, so you choose your favorite system and add more to the décor of your house. Such elegant models are good to have but do consider other features as well before bringing one to your home. Hurry up! Read our detailed reviews! Visit the online stores to check the prices of the above-mentioned products and buy one that you like.